SEMESTER 1 REFLECTION

SEMESTER 1 REFLECTION

Semester 1 of senior year has been a world wind of highs and lows. English Lit has been a mixture of learning, growth, setbacks and stresses. As it was my first year of APs I started off English getting used to the demand and learning how to go along with it. When joining this course I was excited to be pushed and to grow with the class and I was prepared for the highs and lows. I started off Unit 1 strong with some EEs and some MEs with a great leading point for a potential strong unit 2. Starting off the poetry unit it was very interesting for me as poetry is something I’ve always wanted to explore. The great teaching project was a great project for me as I came out strong. However unit 2 was a struggle. With a very messy outside school life with no real stability I was really hard for me to focus and think. It was a learning experience in a way as I have learned that there are setbacks in life and it’s okay. I feel like I have started unit 3 out stronger again with the in-class writing. The thing I’m most proud of is my progress within the year in the in-class writings. There has been a steady growth in my scores I’m getting throughout the year. I’m really proud of this because I am meeting the trend of what score we are supposed to be achieving. One thing I intend on doing more in the second semester is taking risks, asking for support or help when needed as well as trying my hardest to keep my outside life and school work separate. The rollercoaster of AP Lit is something I have not only enjoyed but learned from. I am excited to see what I can achieve and show through my work in semester 2.