Essential Question Reflection 2

Essential Question Reflection 2

What are the complexities and paradoxes of “family”?

Every single family is different, no family is perfect. To different people the word “family” hold a unique meaning, family to some are those who are blood-related to you but to some people, family is not those blood-related people they are their close friends, the people they chose to put and keep in their lives. Throughout life, the roles within a family change, relationships mold, priorities differ leaving in some cases a very tough family situation. Family relationships pull out the best in some but then the beast in others. Who you’re related to you cannot choose but who your family is you can choose. When I see or meet people with very hard family lives or no family lives it makes me rethink my family. Tho my family is complicated it is something that I am constantly grateful for. I have one biological brother but when someone asks if I have siblings I say I have 7 brothers and 1 sister. Because to me despite having different blood they are just as much my family as my parents are. People saying that people are only your family if they are blood-related to you which to me I disagree with family is whoever you want it to be. Ohana means family, and family means no one gets left behind.