Backpack Challenge

During our short 50 minute class period. We were divided into 3 different groups. Then we were asked to build backpacks. My group was confused at first, but then once we got the materials to build the backpack we just dived in and started working on it. We started with a basic outline for the backpack and then developed it as we went. This is how the design process is supposed to work.

IMG_7113

Charlies Hut Post_Tech 3D

End Product:
Screen Shot 2015-05-18 at 8.24.08 am
There are many aspect’s of the picture that might immediately pop out as flaws and mistakes, But they are not all so. Some are specifically placed to make the environment seem more other – worldly.

Collaborative Process:
This project was in-fact a very collaborative project. Although as we neared the project deadline it, became less collaborative because you were working to improve the project not change it. During the first classes designated to the Hut we created a brainstorming environment on Padlet:
Screen Shot 2015-05-18 at 8.33.26 am
This is where we shared ideas for what are Hut could be could be these ideas included. On a Cloud, the Moon, a Wave, and many other ideas. During these first couple days we worked on deciding what environment we wanted are Hut to be in. Some people drew, some designed there ideas in Photoshop. The most recent class activity related to the project that we have done is share are half-developed projects with the class.

Idea Development Process:
My idea development process was actually pretty simple. I was set of having the moon as the environment, and only made minor changes to the images I was using. But others processes were much more bumpy in the way that they switched around there ideas a lot because they realised the environment did not fit the Hut.
Screen Shot 2015-05-12 at 8.55.28 am
I did move the hut for where it was to make it fit into the environment better.

Technical Process:
Screen Shot 2015-05-18 at 8.56.58 am
The Biggest technical difficulty I encountered was creating stars. For the starry background I had to use noise which is tricky because it creates way to many visible stars. To solve this I used blue and made the layer more opaque.

Concerns:
I am afraid that the moon gets to dark just before you hit the horizon. This creates contrast that might ruin the environment.
Screen Shot 2015-05-18 at 8.25.48 am
(As seen above)

What skills can I gained?
I now understand how to blur object in a more precise and technical way. I have learned to create decent lighting effects. I can now to manipulate that noise of an image to the level of a intermediate.

End Product:
I am not really satisfied with the imagery and technical skill I used to work on the image and environment.
Screen Shot 2015-05-18 at 8.24.08 am

315 Redesign

 

Making Measurements:

Screen Shot 2015-01-22 at 8.44.45 am

This is the Meter Template that we started with before I started making measurements.

 

Screen Shot 2015-01-22 at 9.01.48 amThis is the measurements made on the bottom side of the 3D Layout.

Screen Shot 2015-01-22 at 9.12.02 am

This shows the measurements I made along the Green Axis.

Building:

Screen Shot 2015-02-06 at 3.53.48 pm

This is a Over head shot of my 315 redesign in progress.

Screen Shot 2015-02-06 at 8.34.38 am

This is the two tables I decided to use because they made a good half square around a lectern.

Screen Shot 2015-02-06 at 8.58.53 am

This is the group room I designed. It is there to provided privacy to certain groups.

 

Screen Shot 2015-02-06 at 9.02.40 am

This is the Finished 315 Redesign.

What I have Learned:

When designing a learning space you have to design spaces with different purposes. For Example in my 315 redesign The area with the bean bags is like a chill zone where students collaborate and discuss. Where as the Area with the lectern is more for listening to instructions.