During our short 50 minute class period. We were divided into 3 different groups. Then we were asked to build backpacks. My group was confused at first, but then once we got the materials to build the backpack we just dived in and started working on it. We started with a basic outline for the backpack and then developed it as we went. This is how the design process is supposed to work.
As the robot I felt like I had less control than usual, But I did not feel helpless because there was no real thing stopping me from doing what I wanted to do. There were times where I just sat there doing nothing because my team did not have the appropriate commands. This got me thinking about how many commands are necessary for a robot to successfully complete any given task.
This is an image of the Boston Dynamics Robot Atlas that I found on google images after using Label Filters.
This is the Meter Template that we started with before I started making measurements.
This shows the measurements I made along the Green Axis.
This is a Over head shot of my 315 redesign in progress.
This is the two tables I decided to use because they made a good half square around a lectern.
This is the group room I designed. It is there to provided privacy to certain groups.
This is the Finished 315 Redesign.
What I have Learned:
When designing a learning space you have to design spaces with different purposes. For Example in my 315 redesign The area with the bean bags is like a chill zone where students collaborate and discuss. Where as the Area with the lectern is more for listening to instructions.