Goals

Writing-

Goal: My goal for writing is to get all ME’s and one EE on my final summative piece at the end of quarter 2.

Specific: I will try to get one EE and the rest ME on my summative writing piece.

Measurable: One EE and the rest ME. On my writing summative rubric, it will show one EE and the rest ME.

Actionable: I can go to Ms. Bevear after school to work on one specific part of writing and to get very good at that one specific part.

Realistic: If I work and try on that one part of writing I can get EE on the summative.

Timely: By the end of the quarter 2 summative I will have an EE on the summative on one part.

Reading-

Goal: My goal for reading is to try to find at least eight new words in each book I read to go on my Wonder Words Wall.

Specific: I will try to find eight or more if possible then I can easily tell if it’s a just right book.

Measurable: I will try to find eight new words in each book I read. On my Wonder Words Wall there will be eight words for each book written.

Actionable: I can have sticky notes and a pen when I read for when I find a new word I can immediately write it down.

Realistic: Eight is a good number because it isn’t too high or too low. If the book is too easy then there will be less than eight words.

Timely: I will try to have eight new words for each book I read on my Wonder Words Wall by the end of quarter 2.

Quarter 3

Reading Goal-

My reading goal is to have my average number of pages read every night be 35 pages.

Specific: I specified how many number of pages my average would be.

Measurable: To see if my average number of pages read after quarter pages.

Actionable:  I will create a spreadsheet documenting every night’s reading schedule.

Realistic: It is very much possible for me to accomplish this goal. Rather than spending more time on my electronics in the night, I should be reading instead.

Timely: I will stride for my average number of pages read each night be 35 by the end of quarter 3.

Writing

Goal: My goal for writing is to write at least five different types of pieces by myself to improve my writing overall.

Specific: I will stride for 5 different writing pieces by me written on my spare time.

Measurable: By the end of quarter 3, I will have at least 5 writing pieces written, revised and edited.

Actionable: Almost everyday when I come home, I can spend about 20-30 minutes working on a writing piece.

Realistic: It is realistic for me to write 5 writing pieces at home on my spare time to improve my writing.

Timely: When quarter 3 comes to a close, I will have written at least 5 different types of writing pieces on my own spare time to improve my writing.

Green Slip

Work Habits

Goals Presentation Rubric

Quarter 4 Goals:

Reading:

By the end of quarter four, I will have read at least 6 different genres and I can see this by looking at my reading log.

S – I will have read at least 6 different genres.

M – Keep track on my reading log

A – At least 6 different genres by quarter 4.

R – By the end of quarter 4, at least 6 different genres of books.

T – By the end of quarter four.

Writing:

By the end of quarter 4, I will have written at least one journal day by day including pictures of my holiday while I’m away, which will be in a pages document on my computer.

S – At least one holiday

M – Will be on a pages document of my computer

A – Doing it every night while on holiday for 15 minutes

R – At least one holiday (can be a short or a long one)

T – By the end of quarter 4

Quarter 3 Goals Presentation Rubric

Work Habits Quarter 4

Quarter 4 Goals Presentation Rubric