Book Art – Final

Photo on 8-3-16 at 8.53 AM #3Photo on 8-3-16 at 8.53 AM #2Photo on 8-3-16 at 8.53 AM

Evaluate your overall work by examining your idea (how did you develop your idea to completion?) and technique (how successful was your technique?)

Overall, I am happy with my end result of my book art. My idea at the beginning of this project was to create a divide of the book: a good side and a bad side. The end result is a good representation of what I aspired to create which is something that I am content with. The first thing I did was split the book in half and used the strategy of making my book into a solid object with the special glue so the book could be the foundation. Then, I created a wall the separate the two sides. From there, I represented the good side by having nice, clean cut outs and represented the bad side of having all mix-matching, ripped out pages. I also created a chalkboard affect in the middle with special black paper because the book’s title is “Breathing Lessons” and I thought of school, chalkboards from this. Therefore, I used this black paper to create the cardboard affect. Lastly, on both sides of the book, I wrote bad lessons on the bad lesson side of the book and wrote good lessons on the good lesson side of the book. In conclusion, this project was a great way to express creativity in such a simplistic thing which is something that I very much enjoy.