Language Arts and History
1. In what ways have you changed as a reader this year? Refer to specific pieces of work to show this.
As a reader I have improved in reading for a longer time period for books from certain subjects, like reading Where the Mountain meets the moon in 1 sitting, reading Starry River of the Sky in 2 sittings(because I had to go to sleep), and reading half of the book HIGGS (about the Higgs Boson), in the time of one day.
2. In what ways have you changed as a writer this year? Refer to specific pieces of work to show this.
I have learned more about different parts of a sentence, sentence structure. I have learned also how to write a good essay, and good paragraphs. For example, my Qin Xi Huan Di essay, my Memoir, and my exaggeration essay.
3.What is the pattern that you noticed in the history topics we have studied this year?
They were all about ancient Civilizations in Afro-Eurasia. Like the Greeks, the Romans, and Egyptians.
4.What are the patterns that you have noticed in how you have approached history this year?
We read the sections at home and then get a study guide at school and have a test.
1. How have you improved or increased your understanding in math this year?
I have learned “some” new things in math and new strategies to solve problems. I have also learned a little bit to not rush when doing Math.
2. How do you think you are as a mathematical thinker? Do you make connections across different concepts, check the reasonableness of your answer and show your process?
I can solve many math problems easily but it’s showing my work that is hard to show. This is because I am impatient and like to finish things quickly.
3. How do you think you have grown with the following practices:
- Problem solving and persevering to understand what the problem is asking
I have learned new ways of solving a problem and also a better way to understand a math question.
This is something I am good at but sometimes wasn’t accurate in the beginning of the year.
Ok, this is plain and simple, my writing isn’t very tidy, so when I model, it’s sort of messy.
1. How have you increased your Scientific knowledge this year?
I have grown in scientific knowledge slightly, because most of the things we learned this year I knew before.
2. Do you feel that you are making connections across the units that we have done this year? Explain using some examples.
Yes because we had a Mind Map test and I made many connections between each subject.
3. Do you feel that you have increased your scientific skills this year? For example measuring, observing, re-testing, precision and focus in the lab….If so, explain how using an example(s).
Yes I have grown in scientific skills because before our labs were boring and simple but this year they were complicated and really fun, and really like they were for a chemist or any sort of real scientist.
Work Habits: This applies to ALL classes. (Engagement in Class (Productive, Interactions, Contributions), Organization, Working Independently, Reflecting on Work, Meeting Deadlines, Punctual, Social Responsibility(respecting) )
1. What do you feel are your strongest work habits? Give examples of how you have shown this.
I think I am the best at following school rules because I rarely break them and I respect them.
2. What work habits do you feel you are still needing to focus on for the end of this year and for Grade 7? How are you going to progress with these work habits. Give specific examples.
Contribute more to class discussions because I don’t speak a lot and thus don’t contribute a lot. I will improve on this by thinking that what I say wont be wrong.
Overall Grade 6:
1. What has been the achievement that you are most proud of at school this year?
Getting a lot of EE’s in science.
2. What has been the achievement that you are most proud of outside of school this year?
Having my Musical Theory test and passing it.
3. What has been the most challenging element of grade 6 for you? How did you work to overcome this challenge?
Being engaged in Chinese Class because it isn’t very interesting and it doesn’t keep my interest very long..
4. What are you most looking forward to in 7th grade?
More free choice for PEAK.