Romeo and Juliet
Frame analysis Summative
Romeo and Juliet movie
Act 1, Scene 1
– The play is sets in Verona in Italy
– Two Capulet servants sees a Montague and were laughing at the montage ( the montage and Capulet were enemies)
– The Capulets and Montague were fighting in the streets
-They stopped fighting till the Prince arrived. He told them to stop fighting and threatened to banish them if they didn’t.
– Romeo’s parents were finding Romeo
– Romeo’s cousin, Tybalt told them Romeo was always walking by the trees. Tybalt also told his parents that he would find out what was going on
– Tybalt saw Romeo holding a flower in his hand, and he knew that he was in love with a girl.
Act 1 Scene 2
– Juliet’s dad and Paris were talking in the Capulet’s home
– Paris is asking Juliet’s dad permission if he could take his daughter as his wife and try to convince him
– Juliet’s dad thinks about it and says Juliet is too young and he hasn’t even seen her 14th birthday yet. Instead, he tells Paris to join a ball.
– Juliet’s dad invited a lot of guest to the ball
Act 1 scene 3
– Juliet’s mother wants to talk to Juliet about something serious
– While she talks, Juliet’s nurse ( who took care of her) keeps interrupting the talk and talks about how cute Juliet was when she was young.
– Juliet’s mother finally tells the nurse to be quiet and tells Juliet to think about marrying Paris.
– Her mother even says that she isn’t too young to marry
– The guest arrives and the conversation stops
Act 1 scene 4
– Romeo, Mercutio, (Romeo’s best friend) and his other friends were walking to the ball.
– Romeo doesn’t want to go because he is worry someone will die tonight. ( meaning him)
– Mercutio then teases Romeo by talking about ” Queen Mab”
– At the end Romeo decides to go to the ball
Act 1 scene 5
– Romeo goes to the ball
– The dance starts and from all the girls, Juliet stands out the most to him. He even says she has true beauty.
– Tybalt sees Romeo and tells Romeo’s dad that Romeo is a Montague and Romeo is in the party.
– Romeo’s dad says it’s fine and don’t destroy the party.
– Romeo joins in in the middle of the dance and dances with Juliet
– At the end of the party, they both found out that they were enemies
Act 2 scene 1
– On the way home, Romeo runs away from his friends
– He climbs up a fence and sees Juliet’s window
Act 2 Scene 2
– Juliet talks about Romeo on her balcony
– Romeo heard her and suddenly talked to her
– They talked for a while, kissed and hugged each other.
– They plan to get married tomorrow morning and Juliet will send a messenger at 9 am to Romeo saying where they will marry.
– Juliet’s nurse calls Juliet
– Then they said goodbye
Act 2 Scene 3
– Romeo arrives in his neighborhood
– Finds Friar Laurence.and tells him if he could hold Juliet’s and Romeo’s marriage
– However, Friar Laurence says that a few days ago he was still in love with Roselyn
– Friar Laurence thinks for a moment and says this marriage might end the fight with the Capulet and the Montague
– Friar Laurence says yes
Act 2 Scene 4
– Mercutio was wondering where Romeo was all night
– Romeo’s friends were teasing Romeo about love and they were joking a bit.
– Juliet’s nurse came with a white head cloth on her head
– Romeo and his friends ( especially Mercutio) were laughing at the nurse
– The nurse said to talk to Romeo privately and Romeo’s friends were mocking at her
– The nurse got really angry and started to hit some of Romeo’s friends, Romeo’s friends started to pull the cloth on her head.
– A small fight went on
– Then the nurse finally had her chance to talk to Romeo and told him about the time of the marriage.
– The nurse then started to talk about Juliet and how cute she was when she young.
Act 2 scene 5
– Juliet waits impatiently for the nurse to come
– The nurse takes forever to tell Juliet the news and Juliet becomes more impatient
– The nurse finally tells Juliet that she is getting married tomorrow and she is meeting Friar Lawrence tomorrow
Act 2 scene 6
– Friar Laurence tells Romeo to keep his love for Juliet moderate
– Juliet and Romeo meets and they kiss
– Friar Laurence tells both of them to enter the ceremony and they get married
Act 2 scene 7
– Mercutio was drinking water while Tybalt arrives and ask where’s Romeo
– Romeo comes and Tybalt challenges Romeo
– Romeo doesn’t want to be challenged. Instead, Tybalt challenges Mercutio
Act 3 scene 1
– Mercutio dies and Tybalt runs away
– Romeo becomes extremely angry and chases Tybalt
– Then, Romeo challenges Tybalt in the square
– Tybalt dies and Romeo runs away
Act 3 scene 2
– The prince comes and asks Benvolio what happened
– Benvolio was explaining what had happened, he got interrupted by Lady Capulet
– Lady Capulet says that Romeo should be killed
– The prince decides that Romeo is banished from this place forever
– Romeo is crying on the ground and is mad at himself
-Romeo has a last night with Juliet
– Romeo’s next step is to persuade people why he should be back
Act 3 scene 3
– Juliet keeps crying in her bed
– Lady Capulet thinks that she keeps crying because Romeo’s revenge is not enough and she misses Tybalt
– Juliet pretends to agree with her mom
– Her mom cheers Juliet up by saying that the marriage is arranged on Thursday with Paris
– Juliet doesn’t want it to happen and she says that she won’t
– Juliet’s dad heard about it and was really angry
– Her dad threatens her by saying that if Juliet doesn’t marries Paris he will throw her out of the house
– Juliet asks the nurse for advice, the nurse says to marry Paris and he looks better than Romeo
– Juliet is sad and is going to ask Friar Laurence for advice
Act 4 scene 1
– Juliet runs to find Friar Laurence for advice.
– Juliet sees Paris with Friar Laurence.Paris teases Juliet to see her reaction
– Paris reminds Juliet about the marriage on Thursday
– Juliet enters Friar Lawrence and weeps
– Juliet begs Friar Lawrence to think of a plan or how to prevent it.
– Friar Laurence and Juliet talks and Friar Laurence thinks of a plan
– The plan is that on the wedding day, Juliet will take a potion to make her asleep for 48 hours. It would look like that Juliet is really died. The wedding would be canceled and when Romeo comes back 2 days later, Juliet would wake up and they both could leave
Act 4 scene 2
– Juliet apologises to her father about her bad behaviour
– Juliet tells her father and her mother that she will marry Paris
– Her father is so happy that he would move the wedding to Wednesday ( originally Thursday)
– Juliet then takes a potion and falls asleep.
– Friar Laurence would write a letter to Romeo about the plan
Act 4 scene 3
– The nurse screams in the morning saying that Juliet is dead
– A funeral is held and Romeo’s servant sees that Juliet is dead and gets on a horse to tell Romeo
– Romeo’s servant passes the mail person ( walking really slowly) and he is calling Romeo
Act 5 scene 1
– Romeo hears the news that Juliet is dead
– Romeo gets on his horse and leaves
– Romeo passes the messenger
Act 5 scene 2
– Romeo enters the area where people get buried up
– Romeo then sees Juliet and cries
– Seeing Juliet dead, Romeo was extremely depressed and he wants to be with her forever so he kissed her, drank the potion and dies next to her.
– Friar Lawrence arrives a few minutes later and sees Romeo dead
– Juliet then wakes up and is feeling dizzy
– Friar Lawrence hears noise from the outside and immediately runs away
– Juliet sees Romeo dead on the ground, she is heartbroken
– Juliet takes the potion that is in Romeo’s hand
– The potion didn’t work that quickly, therefore Juliet took a knife and killed herself
– They both lie on the ground dead
– The prince holds a ceremony and says that it’s everyones fault because the Capulet Montague are enemies.
The virtual Globe ( Note- taking and photos )
Visual literacy (what is visual literacy?)
About William Shakespeare ( Question and answer)
April 13th 2015
March 16th 2015
February 23rd 2015
February 23rd 2015
December 12th 2014
December 11th 2014
December 8th 2014
November 12th 2014
Sep 12th 2014 ( 1st draft)
Sep 15th 2014
Sep 25th 2014
Oct 6th 2014
Oct 15th 2014
Jan 13th 2015