Acting scene ( Romeo + Juliet)
Romeo and Juliet visual representation
Romeo and Juliet visual devices
Romeo and Juliet visual literacy #2
Romeo + Juliet vocab
Romeo and Juliet movie
Act 1, Scene 1
– The play is sets in Verona in Italy
– Two Capulet servants sees a Montague and were laughing at the montage ( the montage and Capulet were enemies)
– The Capulets and Montague were fighting in the streets
-They stopped fighting till the Prince arrived. He told them to stop fighting and threatened to banish them if they didn’t.
– Romeo’s parents were finding Romeo
– Romeo’s cousin, Tybalt told them Romeo was always walking by the trees. Tybalt also told his parents that he would find out what was going on
– Tybalt saw Romeo holding a flower in his hand, and he knew that he was in love with a girl.
Act 1 Scene 2
– Juliet’s dad and Paris were talking in the Capulet’s home
– Paris is asking Juliet’s dad permission if he could take his daughter as his wife and try to convince him
– Juliet’s dad thinks about it and says Juliet is too young and he hasn’t even seen her 14th birthday yet. Instead, he tells Paris to join a ball.
– Juliet’s dad invited a lot of guest to the ball
Act 1 scene 3
– Juliet’s mother wants to talk to Juliet about something serious
– While she talks, Juliet’s nurse ( who took care of her) keeps interrupting the talk and talks about how cute Juliet was when she was young.
– Juliet’s mother finally tells the nurse to be quiet and tells Juliet to think about marrying Paris.
– Her mother even says that she isn’t too young to marry
– The guest arrives and the conversation stops
Act 1 scene 4
– Romeo, Mercutio, (Romeo’s best friend) and his other friends were walking to the ball.
– Romeo doesn’t want to go because he is worry someone will die tonight. ( meaning him)
– Mercutio then teases Romeo by talking about ” Queen Mab”
– At the end Romeo decides to go to the ball
Act 1 scene 5
– Romeo goes to the ball
– The dance starts and from all the girls, Juliet stands out the most to him. He even says she has true beauty.
– Tybalt sees Romeo and tells Romeo’s dad that Romeo is a Montague and Romeo is in the party.
– Romeo’s dad says it’s fine and don’t destroy the party.
– Romeo joins in in the middle of the dance and dances with Juliet
– At the end of the party, they both found out that they were enemies
Act 2 scene 1
– On the way home, Romeo runs away from his friends
– He climbs up a fence and sees Juliet’s window
Act 2 Scene 2
– Juliet talks about Romeo on her balcony
– Romeo heard her and suddenly talked to her
– They talked for a while, kissed and hugged each other.
– They plan to get married tomorrow morning and Juliet will send a messenger at 9 am to Romeo saying where they will marry.
– Juliet’s nurse calls Juliet
– Then they said goodbye
Act 2 Scene 3
– Romeo arrives in his neighborhood
– Finds Friar Laurence.and tells him if he could hold Juliet’s and Romeo’s marriage
– However, Friar Laurence says that a few days ago he was still in love with Roselyn
– Friar Laurence thinks for a moment and says this marriage might end the fight with the Capulet and the Montague
– Friar Laurence says yes
Act 2 Scene 4
– Mercutio was wondering where Romeo was all night
– Romeo’s friends were teasing Romeo about love and they were joking a bit.
– Juliet’s nurse came with a white head cloth on her head
– Romeo and his friends ( especially Mercutio) were laughing at the nurse
– The nurse said to talk to Romeo privately and Romeo’s friends were mocking at her
– The nurse got really angry and started to hit some of Romeo’s friends, Romeo’s friends started to pull the cloth on her head.
– A small fight went on
– Then the nurse finally had her chance to talk to Romeo and told him about the time of the marriage.
– The nurse then started to talk about Juliet and how cute she was when she young.
Act 2 scene 5
– Juliet waits impatiently for the nurse to come
– The nurse takes forever to tell Juliet the news and Juliet becomes more impatient
– The nurse finally tells Juliet that she is getting married tomorrow and she is meeting Friar Lawrence tomorrow
Act 2 scene 6
– Friar Laurence tells Romeo to keep his love for Juliet moderate
– Juliet and Romeo meets and they kiss
– Friar Laurence tells both of them to enter the ceremony and they get married
Act 2 scene 7
– Mercutio was drinking water while Tybalt arrives and ask where’s Romeo
– Romeo comes and Tybalt challenges Romeo
– Romeo doesn’t want to be challenged. Instead, Tybalt challenges Mercutio
Act 3 scene 1
– Mercutio dies and Tybalt runs away
– Romeo becomes extremely angry and chases Tybalt
– Then, Romeo challenges Tybalt in the square
– Tybalt dies and Romeo runs away
Act 3 scene 2
– The prince comes and asks Benvolio what happened
– Benvolio was explaining what had happened, he got interrupted by Lady Capulet
– Lady Capulet says that Romeo should be killed
– The prince decides that Romeo is banished from this place forever
– Romeo is crying on the ground and is mad at himself
-Romeo has a last night with Juliet
– Romeo’s next step is to persuade people why he should be back
Act 3 scene 3
– Juliet keeps crying in her bed
– Lady Capulet thinks that she keeps crying because Romeo’s revenge is not enough and she misses Tybalt
– Juliet pretends to agree with her mom
– Her mom cheers Juliet up by saying that the marriage is arranged on Thursday with Paris
– Juliet doesn’t want it to happen and she says that she won’t
– Juliet’s dad heard about it and was really angry
– Her dad threatens her by saying that if Juliet doesn’t marries Paris he will throw her out of the house
– Juliet asks the nurse for advice, the nurse says to marry Paris and he looks better than Romeo
– Juliet is sad and is going to ask Friar Laurence for advice
Act 4 scene 1
– Juliet runs to find Friar Laurence for advice.
– Juliet sees Paris with Friar Laurence.Paris teases Juliet to see her reaction
– Paris reminds Juliet about the marriage on Thursday
– Juliet enters Friar Lawrence and weeps
– Juliet begs Friar Lawrence to think of a plan or how to prevent it.
– Friar Laurence and Juliet talks and Friar Laurence thinks of a plan
– The plan is that on the wedding day, Juliet will take a potion to make her asleep for 48 hours. It would look like that Juliet is really died. The wedding would be canceled and when Romeo comes back 2 days later, Juliet would wake up and they both could leave
Act 4 scene 2
– Juliet apologises to her father about her bad behaviour
– Juliet tells her father and her mother that she will marry Paris
– Her father is so happy that he would move the wedding to Wednesday ( originally Thursday)
– Juliet then takes a potion and falls asleep.
– Friar Laurence would write a letter to Romeo about the plan
Act 4 scene 3
– The nurse screams in the morning saying that Juliet is dead
– A funeral is held and Romeo’s servant sees that Juliet is dead and gets on a horse to tell Romeo
– Romeo’s servant passes the mail person ( walking really slowly) and he is calling Romeo
Act 5 scene 1
– Romeo hears the news that Juliet is dead
– Romeo gets on his horse and leaves
– Romeo passes the messenger
Act 5 scene 2
– Romeo enters the area where people get buried up
– Romeo then sees Juliet and cries
– Seeing Juliet dead, Romeo was extremely depressed and he wants to be with her forever so he kissed her, drank the potion and dies next to her.
– Friar Lawrence arrives a few minutes later and sees Romeo dead
– Juliet then wakes up and is feeling dizzy
– Friar Lawrence hears noise from the outside and immediately runs away
– Juliet sees Romeo dead on the ground, she is heartbroken
– Juliet takes the potion that is in Romeo’s hand
– The potion didn’t work that quickly, therefore Juliet took a knife and killed herself
– They both lie on the ground dead
– The prince holds a ceremony and says that it’s everyones fault because the Capulet Montague are enemies.
The virtual Globe ( Note- taking and photos )
Visual literacy (what is visual literacy?)
About William Shakespeare ( Question and answer)
April 13th 2015
March 16th 2015
Press conference and Nomination award
February 23rd 2015
Champion Journal Entry
February 23rd 2015
December 12th 2014
One Paragraph Summary for mystery mania
December 11th 2014
Bermuda Triangle graded
December 11th 2014
Mystery Bermuda Triangle PDF
Harold Holt Formative Essay pdf
December 8th 2014
One Paragraph summary
November 12th 2014
Mystery Mania initial reading
Sep 12th 2014 ( 1st draft)
Replanting Mrs. Jones ( plan)
Replanting Mrs. Jones – Tse Kathy- Core A- 2014
Sep 15th 2014
Sae Young’s Formative
Sep 25th 2014
Oct 6th 2014
Traits writing rubric
Oct 15th 2014
Seed Folks summative writing
Jan 13th 2015