1. I enjoyed the respiratory system the most because this was a daily thing we do everyday and we don’t really know where the oxygen goes and how the carbon dioxide gets released but now we know.
2. I learned that when I work with close friends I could work really fast but I could also sometimes fall off track and loose focus and stop working and play around but in the last couple lessons I was really working hard.
3. I would plan out what my goals are for the the next lessons so I could get work done and know whether I am ahead of schedule or falling behind and need to focus more.
1. We have completed most of the research but we just need to get some more detail in the paraphrasing. We need just complete the book of designs and we are almost there. We also need to get all the measurements for what we need.
2. To complete the booklet of designs and to complete the measurements for the materials that we will need.
3. We don’t need any materials because we need to complete the designs first.
I have learned from all of my mistakes that I made from the Sumo Bot. My objective was for my new machine that I am making to work well and be the way I planned it to be. Of course there were many challenges I had to face for example I had to change from one design to a whole new other design. My machine was a chocolate milk making machine.
At first I made my design seem very complicated with a tread that would pull the empty mug over to different stations and to stop at one station then move on to the next. Then when I had completed the tread I hooked up the motor of the tread to a battery box but the tread was not moving. The tread was getting stuck on the lego pieces below the tread and the could barely move because there was not enough friction between the tread and the gearing. The gearing was with an idler in the middle of the two main gears. Then I realised that the all the gears were two suppressed together that they did not really move. This was the first failure. Then Ms. Law came in to help solve the friction problem between the tread and the lego pieces below the tread. She gave me a simple solution that helped everything, she told me to use a platform because there are less bumps and the little bumps would be smoother. I completed everything but the I remembered that the mug would be at least twice as wide as the tread. I tried to combine two treads together but it did not work, the gears and trying to connect axels was not possible because the axels were not stiff enough to hold all the gears.
Now I had to start over with a whole new design not using the treads. It took me a whole period to find a new solution then I looked at what Julien was making how his machine could move up and down by using something like a tread but they look like little mountains like spikes that gears can roll on. I decided to use that so now my machine would now be like a train moving to different stations. I used some parts of my sumo bot so that I would not use a lot of time. I was finished but I was too late because then I realised that time was up and my project was due. I was still thinking of how my machine would move back and forth to different stations but it was unlucky that I was not able to finish my project.
I had learned from my sumo bot about how motors work and what kind of gearing I could use but time goes by and you have to remember that you could have made it but couldn’t. I was proud that I learned and used different types of gearing for example using the idler for the two big major gearings to rotate in the same direction. All in all I think I could have done better but I am glad I learned a lot.
Expectations: I have chosen a Sumo bot and designed by myself. I called it the Runaway Meat grinder. The reason I called it this is because it has 4 sensors and likes to runaway from other bots and has a self defence machine like a meat grinder. I have two touch sensors one on the back and one on the front of my bot. I have one ultra sonic sensor on the back of my bot and a light sensor on the front. I have programmed my bot to move stronger moving forward when my bot hits another bot when my touch sensor touches another bot then the Meat Grinder will have activated. If the back touch sensor is activated then my bot will move forward away from the other bot. My light sensor will sense the boundaries which would be a white line.
Reality: My bot actually just moves in circles. This may sound like a dumb move but it is very strong as it spins around quickly and destroys anything around it. The Meet Grinder does not work because I cannot find a motor that works but I think that it is still really good.
This was the very star of my project with the simple basics and a strong chassis.