1. What body system did you pick to build as a working model (7th grade)?
The body system I chose to build a working model of is the digestive system.
2. Why have you decided to build this body system as a working model (7th grade)?
Me and my group decided to build this body system because we loved the concept of it and had great ideas to build a model. We are also fascinated by this system and feel like other people should know more about it as well.
3. What materials are you going to need to complete your build (7th grade)?
The materials me and gourp will need to complete my build is:
Digestive System Material List:
- Cardboard boxes (a lot for the body and head)
- Some Color paper (black, white, red)
- A few Markers (all colors)
- Glue (at school)
- Hot glue (at school)
- Clear Small Hose (for esophagus)
- Big hose (wrinkled for large intestine)
- Small Hose (wrinkled for small intestine)
- 2 Food Coloring (green, brown)
- 20 Rocks (small rocks from beach)
- 1 Bucket (for water at end)
- Water (about a cup)
- Scissors (at school)
- 3 Spray paint (red, black, brown) if not available, use normal paint
- 2 Balloons (for liver, red)
- 2 Ziplock Bags (big one for stomach)
- A meter String (for jaw)
- 1 Filter (to prevent rocks from going through, small)
Things we need:
- A – hot glue gun
- B – Two glue gun sticks
- G – Tongs
- I – Ten zip ties
- L – Duct tape
- N – Scissors
- EE – One Ruler
- FF – One Meter stick
- U – Two cutter knife
- W – One hand clamp
- Y – Two Pliers
- AA – One needle nose plier
- NN – Cotton String
- MM – Plastic Tie-Ribbons
- WW – 32mm diameter 1m length Large Tubing
- XX – Medium Tubing 2cm diameter 50cm length
- AC – Rigid Tubing 1cm diameter 1m length
March 2nd Blog Update Post
Our model of the digestive system is almost done. We have some minor things to fix or make better. But overall we are doing very well. Today my group worked well and co-operated with each other to solve some issues our project were giving us. Todays teamwork helped us so that we only have a few things to do tomorrow. We also have all the materials needed for our model. One road block we need to solve is some leaking issues but everything else is fine.
1. Who is in your group and what has been your role in the group in terms of taking initiative to successfully select and complete your group’s project?
My team mates for this project is David, Alex and Me (Jonathan). I think I have had an initiative to finish our groups project by taking some things in my own hands and finishing up the project.
2. How do you feel about how you have learned new knowledge in doing this project?
I think I have learned new knowledge by doing research and having the chance of building a working example of the digestive system. I got to learn about the different parts of the digestive system tract.
3. How has your group overcome problems or difficulties in accomplishing your task?
We have worked together and brainstormed ideas of ways we can solve the problems.
Final Presentation video