- Upload a good quality photograph of your work.
- Describe the elements of your collage and what relationships you have created through your images.
In my collage, I inserted only a few pictures that really stood out in myself and my life. As well as pictures I was able to use color and words to combine my pictures and create a relationship to capture what my life is really about.
3. How have you used the techniques of juxtaposition, dislocation, and or transformation. Use specific examples from your work. Juxtaposition means the act of positioning close together (or side by side). The pictures on the top of the collage show how some pictures overlap each other or are close side by side. Some of the words are in the technique of dislocation. As you can see for the word friends it is dislocation because since the words are going diagonally, the letters separately are placed either on the pictures or on the colored canvas. Lastly, transformation the act of changing in form or shape. For example, some of the pictures are cut out in the shape of the people or just left alone with the background.
4. Describe your painting technique by explaining your process (what you used and how you painted) My painting technique was very simple because I used ripples in half circles diagonally from the left. For my first picture I painted light neon colors alternating in squares to show the start of my life starts very light. Gradually, I was able to use two colors for my different sections of my ripple. I got lighter as I went because the more dark and light contrast, the better the color process stood out for each memory. I was also able to paint pictures and letters such as the Korean flag and the words HK to symbolize the life I am living in right now.
5. What areas of your work are you most proud of?
Some areas of my work I am most proud of is the fact that I was able to show the relationship between the color, and the pictures. Each color matched the picture which gave a lot of color for each picture and made it really stand out so that when others look at it they can see that each picture had its own right to stand out.
6. What areas of your work needs improvement?
Some areas of my work I need to improve is probably the words because since some of the pictures are big, I wanted to symbolize the pictures with words. Furthermore, the color of the words didn’t really turn out as well and because this project was very limited in time, I could of added different colors instead of black and white in my words.
7. What is the overall theme or message of your work? Please explain the impact of specific collage photos, color choice, and technique in painting or use of collage.
The message I wanted to show in my work is the idea of the most memorable pictures in my life. I saw that others used a bunch of different photos but I didn’t want that because I liked having only a few that really stood out to me. They were special and unique and therefore it was more reasonable to include only a few memorable pictures. The color choice was very simple because it had a big impact on what the pictures were really about. Each picture resembles two colors. Finally, I wanted to show that only few pictures show the most memorable things in my life.