“If you ain’t scared… you ain’t human.” – Dashner, James. The Maze Runner. Somerset: Chicken House, 2014. Print.
- Thomas wakes up in the Box arriving at the Glade, with everything but his name forgotten.
- He befriends Chuck and Chuck teaches him about how the Glade is run.
- Thomas runs into the Maze, which he is not allowed in, and saves Alby and Minho when they don’t make it out of the maze in time.
- After surviving this night, he learns that Grievers aren’t immortal.
- He becomes a Runner, receives punishment for breaking rules, and befriends with Minho.
- The first girl ever in the Glade, Teresa, shows up and triggers “the end”.
- One day, Thomas and Minho follow a map and discover the Griever Hole.
- Teresa and Thomas decipher the Maze’s code to enter the Griever Hole.
- Thomas gets stung by a Griever so that he can receive the Serum and regain some of his memories from before he woke up in the Box.
- After recovering, he learns more about himself and how to use the code, after that, he helps lead the boys to their escape.
- When they do escape, some people are killed by Grievers, but most still manage to escape.
- They enter the WICKED lab, and armed people start firing. Chuck sacrifices himself to save Thomas, and other people come to “save” them.