End of Year Playlist (2015-16)

“When We Were Young” by Adele

This song talks about how people change as they grow older, and how you should value your childhood. This taught me to value my time in middle school, because I will never get this experience again.

“Stressed Out” by Twenty-one Pilots, from “Blurryface”

This song is about growing older and having more responsibilities. I have enjoyed most of my time here at the middle school, but there have been times I have been stressed about homework, projects, etc. The song says, “Wish we could turn back time…” However, I don’t agree with this statement. Although I have had some great memories in the past, I am glad that I am where I am now, and I would not want to go back even if I had the chance.

“Lush Life” by Zara Larsson

This song is about “living the day as if it was the last,” and about how everyone should live life to the fullest. This song showed my that there are times where you have to study and do work, but you should also have fun.

“7 Years” by Lukas Graham, from “Lukas Graham”

This song is about someone growing up. From this song, I learned that you should always be happy and you should live life to the fullest because when you are old, you will not get the chance to do many things.

“What Time Is It” by High School Musical Cast, from “High School Musical 2”

This song is about school coming to a close, and the start of summer. With the start of summer so close, the pressure of school is starting to go away and everyone is feeling a lot happier.

“Don’t Let Me Down” by The Chainsmokers and Daya

This song reminds me that the pressure of not letting parents, teachers, etc. is off as school is coming to a close.