A local map will show a lot more detail then an MTR map because the MTR map is and abstraction. An abstraction is a simpler way of showing something. The MTR map is simpler because it is easier to see where your destination is and it is easier for the customer to see where they are going.
Euler was working on trying to find a way to only cross one bridge the whole day in a town. To do this he made a simpler way of seeing all of the bridges which is an abstraction. He made the six bridges and labeled them bridge one, bride two etc. This made it so he could solve the problem easier. However, he made the conclusion that it was not mathematically possible.
Me and Zach worked really well together we were able to accomplish the task. We decided to split up the research, I researched about Hexadecimals and Binary and he did research for Base 10 vs Base 16 and Denary. We decided to split the research for ASCII, so we could split up the work equally. We did look through each others slide and did research on each other’s slide to make sure the information was correct. I found this topic very interesting because I didn’t know how this all worked before researching this topic. I found out that hexadecimals are base 16 and the digits are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and then it changes from numbers to letters such as A,B,C,D,E,F. The reason it changes from numbers to letters is because there only can be one character per digit and since the english language has the number 10 as two digits. I didn’t learn as much about Binary since we already had done it in class.
I learned some more about binary and Hexadecimals today. Prior I had no idea what hexadecimals were, but I found out that they are base 16. I learned that binary are used of 1s and os and those represent ON and OFF.
My drawing is a house with a tree and clouds in the background. I was able to use the back, forward, right, left command for my pen a lot. Also I was able to make the screen background sky blue. Also I used the pen up and down commands to move the position of my pen. Also I used the screen exit command. Next time I would use more functions and loops to make my code more efficient. My code was 85 lines mostly just commands for my turtle to do do next time I would refine my code by using functions and loops. I was happy that I was able to create a reasonable drawing that looks somewhat like I wanted it to look like. Next time I would also add more details to the drawings like more trees and maybe more clouds in the background and maybe some grass.
For our project me and Karan decided to make a homework organizer and timer. We did this because according to our survey we found a serious problem with stress and homework. To fix this we decided to make a homework planner. Karan and I worked really well on this project. Karan did most of the code whilst I did the mind map, pseudo code and the testing document as well I helped and did some of the code.
Design Thinking Sentence: The students of HKIS suffer from stress mainly from homework, so we decided to create a program that helps them organize their homework, as many of them do not generally use planners or other forms of organization.
Teacher Survey Results:
Old pseudo code on our old code in the beginning of the project.
List of materials for Project:
A Mac laptop with Pycharm and TKInter
We used the GUI Python Programming Cookbook so there is no online resource on it but here is a link to it:
I felt like I was successful in I2P and this project as well. This project turned out to be very hard since we coded this in TKinter which is a completely new coding system that I have not coded with before this. There were a lot of challenges in I2P that I faced in which I think I did a very good job overcoming them. One of the challenges I faced was Pygame since I had not coded with pygame before but I was able to almost get my balance board Pygame code to work which I was very proud of. The final summative was really hard as well however I felt like I completed to the best of my ability and I am happy with my final product.
We made three surveys the first survey asking questions about what is wrong about HKIS and general complaints. We found on this survey lots of people said HKIS was very stressful and there is a lot of homework. Our second survey we asked how stressful HKIS is and asked how we could fix the homework problem. Our third survey asked the teachers about the homework. Our plan is to make a program to organize a students homework and to estimate how long it will take them to do their homework.