Robotics Formative Blog Post

Hello. My name is Simon and this is my robotics formative. There was no collaboration in this project as I worked by myself. In the beginning I had a idea for a claw, but more like a hand that would grab on to something of any shape and would sort of lock on to that state and pick it up. Then I realized how difficult that idea would be so I decided instead to make a claw machine and I needed to find how to make it. I looked at real claw machines and I decided how to make my claw moving. It would look something like this in the end. Next I would install a EVE and the motor onto the claw, which will be dropped down by a lego rope. That’s currently it for now. I hope I can make this machine wireless so that I don’t need to connect all the buttons. The technical process. So basically how this works is that there will be 2 gears, which will allow it to go left or right. To those 2 gears I will have another smaller one which will allow it to go up and down. Then on the smaller one, there will be another motor which pulls in and out a rope which will pull down and up a claw which will close and open. I’ll design a claw machine so that you have somewhere to drop the prize. Making the small motors were much easier than I thought. One of the challenges was that I decided to make most of the motor out of legos, without thinking properly and luckily, not too late behind I realized I should make it out of the metal. I realized I should’ve thought more before making my project as switching from lego made me lose a lot of my time.

How My First Model Looked Before I Realized It Was Too Weak (Long Motors)

Screen Shot 2015-11-28 at 7.57.58 PMScreen Shot 2015-11-28 at 7.57.52 PMScreen Shot 2015-11-28 at 7.57.42 PM

How I Started Changing the Entire Look When I Realized Lego Was Too Weak (Long Motors)

Screen Shot 2015-11-28 at 7.58.22 PM Screen Shot 2015-11-28 at 7.58.30 PM

Small Motors, and How the Rope Will Be Pulled

Screen Shot 2015-11-28 at 7.58.45 PM Screen Shot 2015-11-28 at 7.58.54 PM