1. What body system did you pick to build as a working model?
I picked the digestive system to build as a working model.
2. Why have you decided to build this body system as a working model?
I decided to build this system because I have always been interested in this system. As a boy, I have always wondered how food turns into feces. My parents would always tell me, “eat your vegetables because it is good for you and gives you nutrients.” I would wonder how the vegetables could give me all this energy. I have also thought of a lot of cool ideas for my system and how it should function using hoses.
3. What materials are you going to need to complete your build?
- Cardboard boxes (a lot for the body and head)
- Some Color paper (black, white, red)
- A few Markers (all colors)
- Glue (at school)
- Hot glue (at school)
- Clear Hose (for esophagus) about 1 inch thick and half a meter long.
- Big hose (wrinkled for large intestine) about 2 inches thick and a meter long
- Small Hose (wrinkled for small intestine) about 2 centimeters thick and 1 and a half meters long.
- 2 Food Coloring (green, brown)
- 20 Rocks (small rocks from beach)
- 1 Bucket (for water at end)
- Water (about a cup)
- Scissors (at school)
- 3 Spray paint (red, black, brown) if not available, use normal paint
- 2 Balloons (for liver, red)
- 2 Ziplock Bags (big one for stomach)
- A meter String (for jaw)
- 1 Filter (to prevent rocks from going through, small)