- Upload a good quality photograph of your work.
- Describe the elements of your collage and what relationships you have created through your images.
I have cut out all of my most memorable photos and stacked them closely together to represent all the close bonds I have made with all these people. Also, I intentionally left minimal white spaces to help show that my life is filled with all these great memories. I also painted all my memory photos with an orange and blue tint to wash them out a bit, therefor leaving my portrait photo standing out.
- How have you used the techniques of juxtaposition, dislocation, and or transformation. Use specific examples from your work.
For juxtaposition and dislocation, I glued in white flowers all around in random places and also stuck one of my favorite quotes on the bottom right.
- Describe your painting technique by explaining your process (what you used and how you painted)
I used three main colors; goldish orange, white, and blue. To make it a sheer and top coat of color, I used a large amount of water to help wash the colour out and create a thin layer. A layer thin enough to see the pictures being painted.
- What areas of your work are you most proud of?
I very proud of how I was able to manage to fit all my photos in an appeasing and visually appealing way. I also like how even though the flowers were placed for juxtaposition, they somehow fit into the whole collage and image created.
- What areas of your work needs improvement?
I think I could have done a better job of painting and not making the stroke direction so evident. But also spreading the paint across the canvas/pictures more evenly.
- What is the overall theme or message of your work? Please explain the impact of specific collage photos, color choice, and technique in painting or use of collage.
The overall theme that I wanted to try to convey is a message of happiness and cherishing your memories. This is why I used all my best and memorable photos and used generally bright and happy colours. Also, the reason I wanted my portrait photo to stand out is because the photo is one of my favorite photos from one of the best trips to Europe and brings back a memory of pure happiness and joy.