iPad Focus Post #2

After around two months of using the iPad, I wanted to do another review! It’s hard to imagine what it was like before I had the iPad as it’s really changed the way I study and the amount of things I need to bring around. Not only have I been relying on my computer less, but especially during the holiday it was nice to be able to go out and do work (and not have to lug around so many devices and notebooks).

In today’s blog post, I want to detail the pros and cons of my study habits with the iPad:

Pros! 

1. AP Studying: Both my sister and I can attest to the fact that the iPad has changed the way we have studied for APs. Instead of wasting so much paper doing FRQ and MCQ practice on paper, we can now pull up a blank document on the iPad and do them on the iPad. Organisation of practice FRQs for reference later on has also been improved!
  2. Motivation:It sounds really weird, but having the iPad has motivated me to study more. When I’m bored instead of switching on my phone, I change the colour of the pen I’m using and do more work!
  3. To do lists and random notes: I used to waste a lot of paper on making to do lists. Those have now seamlessly been added to my calendars digitally through the iPad.
  4. Multitasking: I talked about this in my previous blog post, but the multitasking feature on the iPad has helped me in the way I study. I can have my bio textbook out and write notes, or have Albert.io out and do MCQ practice. It makes studying much more convenient and much more accessible.
  5. Furthermore, after interim I’ve been working a lot on self improvement as one of my goals for the rest of the year. I downloaded the headspace app and have been doing good breathing exercises on there as well!

Cons 🙁 

1. After using the iPad for a lot of reviewing and studying I found that there were some minor things that were slightly inconvenient. The first was the apple pencil charging. Although the pencil charges really quickly, I never thought I would find myself in the position where I need to charge a pencil! But all in all, it’s quite effective as when my apple pencil hits 0% I give myself a break to let the pencil charge.
  2. Eye pain– Between staring at my phone, computer and iPad, my eyes started to hurt a lot  more. I ended up having to take a short break and write some notes on paper. I think that moderation on screen time helps a lot!!!

One thought on “iPad Focus Post #2

1. Martin L says:

Great visuals! I believe the markup feature helps all learners out. The Albert IO studying really intrigues me. Good to see you use the split screen feature. I like your insight on changing the color. And you are definitely on the right track with taking breaks from technology. It helps us immensely yet there are times not to use it. -M