Unit One Reflection

In this unit we have learned about Mapping and Geography. I will first start by talking about the different types of maps and their elements. Almost every single map has these elements that make it a map.

1. Title: Every map has a title because without it nobody would know what the map is about and so it would be irrelevant.
  2. Global grid: The global grid is on most maps because it makes it much easier to find places using x, y coordinates than distances from a set point.
  3. Key: A key shows what key signs and elements on the map are.
  4. Scale: Shows how far a distance on a map is in real life.
  5. Compass Rose: Shows the cardinal directions on the mapMap elements

For this unit I got a Ferdinand Magellan badge and I agree. My work habits were horrible and I should have really improved.

One learning strategy that didn’t work this unit was notes. This didn’t work because I just wasn’t focused enough to keep to what I was doing. This was not very good. One strategy that did work was reading the online chapters. This helped because It was online and interactive so it was much easier to focus on.

My goal for this unit is to never get off task and focus on the task at hand. This would greatly help my work habits and would get me back on track.

iamsgeo25.wikispaces.com

wiki.openstreetmap.org